Monday, October 29, 2007

last ang pow

2day is my ah ma first seven day... wake up early in the morning although i feeling not well but still followed my families went to my grandma's grave... cause heard from my mom this is their Hokkien's traditional on the first seven day must go to the grave and of course have to buy some foods, fresh flowers for the person who just passed away... after that we went to Tze yun again... and at night must go there to pray also... but my mom ask me don't go because i lost my voice and flue again...go there also can't pray...will keep coughing only...

well they just arrived home and my dad suddenly gave us angpow...my parents said is my ah ma want to give it to us one as the Chinese New Year ang pow for 3 yrs...when i received it from my dad, i just feel like unbelievable... i still remember that i ever watched indian's movie called "Kabi kushi kabi khan" ( i don't know how to spell it) in this movie there's a scene saying that the mother know that she will die after give birth...so she started to write 18 letters for her little baby as her birthday present until her 18yrs old birthday... so the first few years her dad will read the letter for her...after the baby girl know how to read and write... then she starting to read the letter by her own early morning during her birthday.... the ang pow my grandma gave to us make me think of this drama... the ang pow she gave us is for 3yrs.... after 3yrs no more ang pow from her...

ah ma...i will keep this last ang pow with me forever....miss u...

No comments: